Poem

Regrets

I hope I never forget

The things that I regret.

Those regrets helped me grow

And learn and reflect and know.

That to be my personal best

I had to live with regrets.

And though I regret causing pain,

There is not much that I would change.

Friends and family wouldn’t know the real me,

They’d see a shell, a one-dimensional being.

So never forget things you’ve done,

The good, bad, the dangerous, the fun.

Be true to yourself and you’ll find,

A life that is full and worthwhile.



The Fabric of Our Nation


The fabric of our nation had been torn asunder.

A nation divided trying to agree on a shared history.

But even before the fabric was ripped,

Our country was deeply split.

The stories have been muddled, they’ve been a blunder.

Half truths and, yes, even lies

Have made us one or the other;

Unable to rely on a neighbor, a friend, a brother.

Take those stories, tell them all, tell them now!

Weave them through the fabric and

Make our union more perfect.

Make We, the People whole.


BTG 1-5-22

Popular posts from this blog

The Wildflowers

The Park